A little question about S7 IEC timers.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi,

Siemens product sheets for their CPUs state that the number of IEC timers are "unlimited".
But I thought that the number of IEC timers would be limited by the max number of DBs for the particular CPU, as each IEC timer must have a DB associated with it.

So, which is correct:
1. The number of IEC timers on an S7 CPU is unlimited.
2. The number of IEC timers on an S7 CPU is limited by the number of available DBs.

Thanx

Hi Jesper :eek:)

If you use the IEC Timer as Multi Instance, you have to declare the Timers in the Declaration-area, then they don't need a DB, the working-area of the Timers will then be in the DB that you assign for your FB, this will only be possible in FB's

Hilsen Steffen

Or you can have a lot of timers in one DB. I tend to use one DB for timers and a second for counters. You add the timer to the DB then you can reference that as you add a timer to your program.