You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old July 31st, 2020, 01:41 PM   #1
Dariusincj
United States

Omega DMD4059 load cell conversion

I'm searching around trying to find an equation i can punch into my AB 1769 processor. I have a 4-20mA input card, that is connected to an Omega DMD4059 signal conditioner that has a 0-10v input on that. Wasn't sure if i should just convert the 0-10v into a 4-20mA and then convert that into my load cell min/max weight allowed? Any thoughts?
Old July 31st, 2020, 02:07 PM   #2
saultgeorge
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Hi, I did a few projects recently with a lot of analog I/O. I didn't think one could mix units--V and mA. I've had a few customers who had V or mA capability on the same analog input card, meaning one could wire to volts or mA. You may have seen those. I know I had voltage inputs on say a valve position, and mA inputs on temp sensors. And on those dual purpose cards I could land both on the same card. You might look into that. Hope this helps.
Old July 31st, 2020, 02:09 PM   #3
drbitboy
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

does the signal conditioner convert 0V to 4ma, and 10V to 20ma, i.e. it is set to "AO7I" via switches BCDE?

Are the load cell engineering units linear with its 0-10V signal?

What are the raw PLC values that correspond to 4ma and 20ma?

What are the load values that correspond to 0V and 10V at the load cell?

Cf. https://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpo...4&postcount=10
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum