Omega Red Lion G3

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
What are the differences in the Omega G3 and the regular Red Lion G3? I see the color difference in the faceplate. Are there any firmware/ hardware changes. Just reading Control Engineering and ran across their ad.

Paul do you think if I buy a bunch of them they will put "Full Circle Automation" on them for me? Is 2 or 3 considered a bunch? I hope so.

Last edited:
Not sure...There might be a significant tooling charge for the 1st setup...ask Mike, or Jeremy, I am sure they could answer that question pretty quick...

Paul do you think if I buy a bunch of them they will put "Full Circle Automation" on them for me? Is 2 or 3 considered a bunch? I hope so.

I'm not Redlion, so I cannot give prices, but our company has started using Redlion G3 with our hydro-turbines, so had a programming training session with Redlion's main European Manager, and this question came up.

The answer is yes, they would do customised face-plates, however the cost of doing it would depend on numbers involved.

If it is 2 or 3 a year, then you would be charged for the cost of 1st tooling to do this, though once done, there is no additional cost. If we are talking quite a number per year, then even cost of the initial 1st tooling is wavied.

"I have wondered about the similarities between Maple Systems HMI5043N and the Red Lion G304K. They look the same except Maple's has a USB port."

We buy our Kadet hardware from the same Taiwanese supplier that Maple (and others) use for their own panels. The difference is we add our own software, and of course, we are a real US-based manufacturer when it comes to the main-line G3 products and just about everything else we sell. Sadly, most so-called "manufacturers" just buy-in other people's product and resell it these days, being little more than distributors. And even we end up having to do that at the low end so we can concentrate resources on other areas.