You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old May 5th, 2003, 01:28 PM   #1
RTproject
Canada

Thumbs down STUDENT needs help on OMRON PLC

I'm a student who is looking for a bit of help on the OMRON SYSMAC CPM1 PLC. The unit is +24 V, 6 input, 4 output. I am using the CPM1-CIF01 interface unit to convert to RS-232 standard to link to the computer.

Ok.... now for my problem....

I created a simple program in the Omron CX-programmer software just make sure my I/O's were working properly (basically making sure I can talk with the plc). At first I accomplished this with ease, the PWR, RUN, and COMM lights all illuminated when talking with the plc. I was "playing" around with the software and the next thing I know, I can no longer communicate with the plc. So I called up the CX-programmer network tool to relocate the plc connected to the computer, and it was unable to find it. I tripple checked all my settings for PC and PLC (baud rate, parity etc.... and they all check out to be the same ). Thinking that it may be a software glitch, I restarted the computer, reinstalled the software, and powered down the plc to start the whole process over again.... but no luck. I even went to the extent of checking fusing, continuity of the cable, and making sure no other device on the PC took control of the CommPort the plc was using.

If anyone has experienced similar problems, or can give some useful help, please do! Sorry for the lengthy explanation.....

I can also be reached at traymack@rrc.mb.ca (my temporary school email address)

Thanks to all who reply back!

Trev.
Old May 5th, 2003, 02:57 PM   #2
igor62ill
Israel

Hi,friend.Most of people use a SYSWIN.It's more easy and powerful.

In Syswin u check munber of port,boudrate,and number of plc unit.
Normally it's must beort1, b9600,unit0.U check a CPU too(it's mean,which CPU u use:11,21,43 ets...)If u can find it in SXprog.
you can see what wrong.Be sure cable OK.
Bye,Igor
Old May 5th, 2003, 03:24 PM   #3
Jay Anthony
United States

Unfortunately you are between a rock and a hard place. If you have changed the settings of the peripheral port to be anything other than Hostlink (Sysway), then the only thing that will change it back is a handheld programmer like C200H=-PR027 or CQM1-PRO01.

Be sure that the slide switch on the CIF01 is set for HOST.
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:53 PM   #4
BobB
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

Talking

Syswin was great but V3.1 of CX-Programmer is far more powerful with more facilities and just as easy to use, if you take the time to learn the shortcuts.
What version of CX-Programmer are you using?
beerchug
Old May 5th, 2003, 09:26 PM   #5
RoTaTech
Canada

Pointer

if you've accidentally changed the Periph port settings (PLC/Settings) you won't be able to go online.
There is a DIP switch on the older Omrons - I think it is SW4, that forces the port back into hostlink mode.
I think it may be that you changed the CXPro to Hostlink or some other mode. Do the Scan Serial ports for PLC, and select all the options.
RT
Old May 6th, 2003, 01:27 PM   #6
RTproject
Canada

probelm solved

Thansk to all who replied.... The plc was "fried"...... ended up getting another, everything is working out great now...
Old May 6th, 2003, 06:04 PM   #7
Jay Anthony
United States

Quote:
I created a simple program in the Omron CX-programmer software just make sure my I/O's were working properly (basically making sure I can talk with the plc). At first I accomplished this with ease, the PWR, RUN, and COMM lights all illuminated when talking with the plc. I was "playing" around with the software and the next thing I know, I can no longer communicate with the plc.
Quote:
The plc was "fried"......
The chef seems to have flambeed it....
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum