You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old July 7th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #1
syavash_rus
Iran

How to connect an analog output to an analog input on another PLC

Hello every one

I have a serious problem here with two PLCs , S7-400 and S7-200. The problem is, I have a single sensor which I need to connect to both 400 and 200 CPUs. Unfortunately I have no possibility to make a network because 400 DP and MPI ports are already reserved for communicating with other PLCs and the port on the 200 is reserved for a HMI. in other hand, I have no access to any hardware module in the jobsite. I thought I can import the analog signal to s200 and send it to the s400 using the analog output card (232-0Hd22). But I don’t know if it’s possible to use an output module on the s200 as an input for an input module on a s400. Please help…
By the way, the connection on the S200 output includes 3 terminals (M0 V0 I0) but the analog input card on the s400 includes only 2 wires (A+ A-)
Old July 7th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #2
RheinhardtP
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Australia

Signal Isolators

Yes it is possible and one gets many of these units available these days.

Check this out:
http://www.phoenixcontact.com/signal...1244_14827.htm

I have used many different combinations of these units.

They work quite ok , i like the ones where you can change the offsets slightly..

Hope this help

Rheinhardt

― Albert Einstein

www.tier16.com
Old July 8th, 2011, 07:18 AM   #3
syavash_rus
Iran

Dear RheinhardtP

thank you very much for your kind reply. unfortunately I have no access to any hardware to add. i was wondering if i could find a way to figure it out using existing hardware.
please comment which wan is doable from your point of view? using a single sensor for two PLCs or using one PLCs output as the other's input?

thanks again
Old July 8th, 2011, 09:15 AM   #4
nonuke
Portugal

I don´t know which S7-400 analog Input card are you using. You should not have a problem in making the connection. Just connect the I0 to MI+ and the M0 to M-. You just have to make sure the "Measuring range module" in the S7-400 analog card, is set not to power the current loop (4 wires).
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum