New AS-I node with BW1563

marvis

Hi,
I'm working on an old and very delicate plant, to which we added 2 motors in AS-I.
I've already worked on line in AS-I but never with these devices.
Now I would like to know from you how to configure them, I found the manual unclear. I need to give 2 new nodes and acquire them from the network.
After giving the node with the AS-I programmer how can I put them on the network and make them effective?

Thanks a lot.

IMG_6910.JPG

I have never worked on these type but if they are like Mitsubishi then it should be strait forward. Once the nodes have been programmed put the card into configure mode, this scans the nodes and after a couple of scans store the addresses to update the card. Usually this should be explained on the card documentation.
Now the tricky bit. Most systems will use block transfers to & from the ASI cards and these will be mapped into the PLC memory, I would assume that even any un-used nodes are probably mapped and can be used in the PLC program for example in Mitsubishi the inputs are transferred into data arrays the individual bits in these arrays can be used in the PLC program.