devicenet setting node address when no address is set

Howdy Everyone,
We have an old ternary drive from Wittenstein it is a TXBA046AAQ, i got the EDS file so i can add it to RSNETWORX for devicenet, but it still isnt communicating. I have tried a few different ways connecting to the devicenet network thru the backplane in ethip, and thru a 1770-kfd, i connect successfully, but all i see is the 1769-sdn scanner module and the kfd(when i use that path).
When i try to add it, it gets the little red box with a yellow line, and i cannot do anything to it, RSNETWORX won't accept changing the address. Any ideas? thank you.

Howdy, Thanks for the reply. I meant to reply back to this, i reached out to the integrator who installed the cell, and what they had to do to make it work, is have nothing else on the network, except the scanner, drive and end of line resistors. and then you go thru each different baud rate to see when it talks to it. Once it finds it then adjust it back to the baud rate and node address you want it to be. After that it was happy and found it on the third rate. thanks again.