GE Machine edition logic developer questions

mahone

Can anyone help me answer these questions?

3. What keyboard shortcut(s) draw horizontal/vertical lines in the LD environment?
4. What function(s) do you know of that will not accept a symbolic variable for their returned status value?
5. How would you initialise a string variable in the LD environment?
6. How will the TMR_TENTHS function perform if supplied with a PV=0, and then the EN input is brought high?

This sounds like you are taking a course using GE PLCs and Proficy Machine Edition software and the questions are on the test.
3. I usually draw horizontal and vertical shunts with the mouse rather than keypad shortcuts.
4. I've been using PME since it was introduced and I don't know the answer to that question. None of the functions will accept symbolic variables when you are programming the 90 series or VersaMax.
5. I think there may be a SVC_REQ for that.
6. It will behave as expected and as described in the help file for the function.