Programming Question - PLC data Types, Function blocks

furryorange

I have a function block (FB1) which uses internal tags and has made a data block (DB1).

I have a created a PLC data type with around 15 tags and I have added this into another Data block (DB2).

I want to be able to link my tags from my created PLC data type in (DB2) to my function block (FB1)

can someone help

thanks

Is this in TIA or Classic?

You just need to create an input field of that data type.

Subtle difference in how to pass the data into the FB between TIA and classic, either symbolic or direct address

I have a function block (FB1) which uses internal tags and has made a data block (DB1).

I have a created a PLC data type with around 15 tags and I have added this into another Data block (DB2).

I want to be able to link my tags from my created PLC data type in (DB2) to my function block (FB1)

can someone help

thanks

You can use FB inside a Function- drag and drop the FB inside a FC see pictureS of my project very similar

call FC in OB it will automatically call the FB because it is inside it
DB1 is for the FB to use you can leave it untouched
https://imgur.com/gallery/BI3Y3Jo

Last edited: