Compactlogix PLC Programming Question

eddicuss

Hello. Was just curious, if it is possible to load an image from an SD card on to a Compactlogix PLC that came straight out of the box brand new? or does it require configuring via RSlinx first via USB/serial or ethernet?

See this thread in particular post #23 -- seems like you will need to save the image from a matching controller with 'load on power-up' selected and the save firmware option set.

Make sure to leave the controller on while it is loading the firmware.

ok so assuming I have an SD card with the image acquired from an identical controller, with the "automatic firmware update" and "load on power up" enabled, I could just pop this SD card into the new controller, set it to REM or PROG, then power it up and it will work.

Is there an approximate time I should wait to confirm it is working? Since I know if updating the firmware through Control Flash or RSlinx it takes around 5-10 minutes.

And by flashing it, I just need to insert the SD card with a firmware image (with automatic firmware update enabled) from an identical controller..