Spectrum 2085sc-IF16C No Signal In PLC

husky

Hi guys, I have a micro 850 PLC with a Spectrum Controls analogue module 2085sc-IF16C. I have used the module configuration tool to setup however when I go online to the PLC there are no analogue signals being received. The instrument I'm using to test is a temperature transmitter set to 4-20mA output and the device is getting power as the local display is so the wiring is correct I believe but no signal being seen in the PLC.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Wiring?

Is the transmitter a 2-Wire loop-powered transmitter or a 3 wire or 4 wire transmitter?

If it's a 2-wire, the power supply (+) probably goes to transmitter (+).
Transmitter (-) should connect to AI INn+
Power supply (-) should connect to AI INn-

I have verified the wiring is correct and since found the issue may be that I was still in program mode and hadn't selected program mode, I never had to that on the old micro 830plc I had. However now I get a red flashing MS and fault light when I put it in run mode. The analogue value loads up initially then pauses as the controller faults. I have trued disconnecting all the expansion modules but still faulting now.
Error code is

0xF271 - expansion io communication fault. the extended fault code is 0x0012
This suggests slot 1 but there is nothing plugged into slot 1. Tried plugging a module into slot 1 and it still faults. Any ideas?

Any time I plug in an expansion module I get the following error which stops the analogue values updating. How do I find this fault code and resolve?

0xF291 Expansion IO module fault. The extended fault code is 0x0306

Last edited:
Is anyone using this spectrum module? AB support can't seem to work out why they fault the PLC either. Interested to hear from anyone with a micro 800 and a spectrum controls 2085sc-IF16C to see how you have it configured.

Check which series Micro850 you have (A or later) and check the FW revision of the 2085sc-IF16C module. If you have a series B Micro850, you need FW 2.1 or higher on the 2085sc-IF16C.

Check which series Micro850 you have (A or later) and check the FW revision of the 2085sc-IF16C module. If you have a series B Micro850, you need FW 2.1 or higher on the 2085sc-IF16C.

I'm 99% sure my controller has been flashed to series A, it was series A originally. If I wanted to try upgrade the module firmware how can that be done? The AB tech support had no idea. It's not available in control flash so unsure how to give that a go?

Interestingly in CCW it shows the module as having 25 AI and 5 AO even though the config tool shows 16AI. I hope that isn't what is faulting the controller as it's looking for the extra physical AI/AO which don't exist.

All Spectrum Controls I/O modules come with Rockwell Tech Connect free of charge (they use Spectrum's account). Having said that, you have to use the correct phone number to get to the correct location within Tech Connect (otherwise you can windup with someone who has no idea on how to diagnose the problem). For Australia it 1-800-809-929. My understanding is that if AB can't (or doesn't) help then contact Spectrum directly but they will ask for your AB ticket number (they like to go find out why Rockwell couldn't help).

Good day.
Did you manage to solve the problem with 25 AI inputs of the 2085sc-if16c module?
I have the same situation, controller 870, rammp module 2085sc-if16c last from the site of the SC (module rev. 2.1 (A), profile rev. 3).
In the configuration of the module, there are 25 AI inputs in CCWB. And should be based on datasheet 16AI DATA (INT), 8 STATUS (STRUCT), 1 MODULE STATUS (STRUCT).
Unfortunately, the controller and the module are not yet available (on the way) and I cannot experimentally test it.

Sorry for my English, machine translation.