Scadapack 575

rkd2777

Hello All,

i have scadapack 575 and i am trying to scale bidirectional flow meter. However my negative value from flow meter is not scaling. Any help would be appreciate. Below is my ST program.

EU_ir := (((AI_ir - MinAI_r) / (MaxAI_r - MinAI_r)) * (MaxEU_r - MinEU_r)) + MinEU_r;

MinAI := 0.0;

MaxAI := 1000000.0

MinEU_r := - 1500.00;

MaxEU_r := 3000.00;

See txt. Its a little different then your formula.

(((Scaled Max-Scaled Min)/(Max Raw Input-Min Raw Input))*(Raw Input-Min Raw Input))+Scaled Min = Scaled Value

I'm not familiar with your 575, is the above raw data values?

Last edited:
Hello All,

i have scadapack 575 and i am trying to scale bidirectional flow meter. However my negative value from flow meter is not scaling. Any help would be appreciate. Below is my ST program.

EU_ir := (((AI_ir - MinAI_r) / (MaxAI_r - MinAI_r)) * (MaxEU_r - MinEU_r)) + MinEU_r;

MinEU_r := - 1500.00;

MaxEU_r := 3000.00;

1. What do you mean by "not scaling?"
  2. What is the raw Analog Input value (AI_ir) that is not scaling?
  3. What value of EU_ir do you see with that value of AI_ir in 2 above?
  4. What value of EU_ir are you expecting to see with that value of AI_ir in 2 above?

Also, it may not matter after the first scan, but I would put the Min/Max assignments before the the EU_ir calculation.

What is the analog input (0-10V/4-20MA) actually reading? Is the meter setup correctly to allow reverse flow?

Analog is 4 to 20ma and yes flow meter is set 4ma to -1500 and 20ma to 3000 and in flow meter itself when flow is negative i can see negative flow on flow meter.

Doesn't the Scadapack have a scaling instruction? Have you tried it?

The raw counts I see for an on board analog input are 0-10000 ( not 0-1000000)

SCAL

Last edited:
Are you using DNP3 to get the value back into GeoSCADA? What is the data type configured for the point in RemoteConnect? If you've got a UINT datatype for logic then you'll never see a negative get passed back to the DNP layer.

I would go online with the RTU and see what value you're seeing in the logic, and make sure that's showing a negative correctly. Then read the object / point using RemoteConnect. Does it match what you see in the logic? Then finally, if that is all correct, then I'd check my point configuration in GeoSCADA ( not familiar with it so I'm not sure if there's much to set up).

ZIP your RemoteConnect configuration and upload it here and I'll take a look.

So On Geoscada whenever flow is positive i get data on screen but whenever flow is negative i got zero value

Does the flowmeter have a display of the measured value? If yes, when the flow is positive, do the flowmeter's measured values agree with the Geoscada measured values?

Also, I noticed that the ST uses MinAI as the variable name of the minimum analog input, but the EU_r formula uses MinAI_r. What is MinAI_r?

Thank you guys for the help. Scaling was done correctly on scadapack it just on GeoSCADA DNP3 point zero scale value needed to change from zero to negative value.