Recommendations Thin Client / Web Browser

ds7891

I'm trying to find a cheap solution to deploy a few web browsers attached to the back of LCD monitors.

For testing purposes, my Raspberry PI has been working fine. It has HDMI, Ethernet or wifi, and connections for USB mouse/Keyboard. Which are all the connections I NEED. Plus a basic Chrome/Firefox browser.

I can't justify using the Raspberry PI as a permanent solution. It's going to be used in a commercial application, sold to customers.

My price point is between $100-200.
Any suggestions?

What are your shock&vibe requirements? Temp and humidity? Any certifications for the environment?
$100 - $200 is going to keep you at a consumer grade thin client. Just something to think about.

If not using an industrial thin-client, then I like going with Dell thin-clients (easy, fast order with delivery).
Or, something you can easily get from Best Buy (now and later).

A true thin client should connect to a server hosted session (ex. MS Terminal Server, or VMWare Server). Those are very easy/quick to replace a broken thin-client.
A small PC that runs things locally means extra setup and configuration when you need to replace it later. Basically, don't forget to add in support costs to your price point.

No real shock and vib requirements. It will basically be used on a work desk/office.

I thought of the Dell clients. Since all I am using is a web browser.