Omron Programmable Terminal

Oh, wait. I believe the "170" indicates CIO area, correct? If so, that's bit-level, not word-level like the DM? So it's actually transferring bits, correct?

Anytime I see a simple numerical bit (no alpha characters) that means it's using the CIO area, correct? For example: I have a bit addressed as 1409.10. In the I/O table I can't find anything that uses that series of bits, connected to the back plane. I am not having much luck finding what energizes that input.

Reply to post# 91 and 92

Yes, "170" is in the CIO area.

No, it is not just bit level. The CIO memory area can and often is used and manipulated at word level.

The XFER function is more like a copy command. 18 words (or registers) are copied starting at word 170 into 2000 and the next 17 words (total of 18).

As your Motion card is assigned machine 0, the first word of I/O is assigned word 2000. This I/O area is used to share information/command/status/errors

Words 2000 to 2017 are controlled by the PLC. They are used to "tell" the motion card what to do; start task/jog forward/encoder pulses to move/etc

Words 2018 to 2049 are controlled by the motion card to tell the PLC; encoder positions/errors/M Code values/moves done/etc

Hope this helps

XFER.JPG Word 2000 to 2017.JPG Word 2018 to 2049.JPG

Anytime I see a simple numerical bit (no alpha characters) that means it's using the CIO area, correct? For example: I have a bit addressed as 1409.10. In the I/O table I can't find anything that uses that series of bits, connected to the back plane. I am not having much luck finding what energizes that input.

Correct.

Use the cross reference to help find what controls a bit.
You will be looking for:
Output coil for the bit, or
Word instructions that may control/change the bit.

Cross reference.JPG