Change the language for a NT20M Omron Programmable Terminal

sodo

Hi everybody
I have a new NT20M OMRON Programmable Terminal linked at a Mitsubshi PLC. When I'm turning on the power, the device (NT20M) boots and it appears a menu in japanese language. I'd appreciate if somebody can tell me how can change the messages and the menu in english language. Thanks!

It's been a long time since I've used an NT, but from what I remember, there is no 'built-in' menu. Everything is done via the software. Go online and see what you find.

If by "new" you mean that the whole machine is new? IOW, the screen and PLC are already programmed. If so, then you'll have to ask the machine manufacturer how to switch languages...

beerchug

-Eric

Thanks, Eric!
I think I haven't been so "clear" when I presented my problem.
Only the NT20M is new because the old one has damaged, so I had to change it.
That PLC is on of twelve PLCs linked in a network and they controll a conveyor line. The NT20M terminal is for display the messages which occur during the line is working. Every PLC has a NT20M and every NT20M has a loaded file with particular messages (faults, status line, etc.)for his PLC.
The problem that I can't load that file in one NT20M because I can't understand all those booting messages which include a menu, all written in japanese language.
I hope now if anybody who knows the solution, he will understand my problem. Thanks again!

beerchug

Last edited:
Get 2 of those side by side. One in the language that you hunderstand. Replicate the sequence of keys or software keys you would do in the one you can read on the other one.

Hopefully (and most prbably) the sequences, keys locations and command are the same, in the same order, in the same sequence.

I've done that in the past with success.

M 2 cents.