How to calculate time period in Wonderware Intouch

Bilbo1161

Hi
Can someone please help.
I know this could be done easier in the PLC, but we don't have access to the code, so want to be able to do this within WW.
I want to know how long a tag has been in a true state over a 24 hr period. This tag will go in and out of a true state numerous times throughout that period.
We dont run with an historian server or it could be done in a sql query, so I an trying to work with what I have.
Any help would be appreciated.

I would strongly advise it is best done in the PLC

If not you could create an event on tag change from 0 to 1 or 0 to 1 and write the timestamp to a file or similar. Even run a script to add 10 every 10 seconds if high but all of these solutions are poor

Make a tag to store elapsed time.
In a Condition script using "While True" add 1 to the tag every second (1000 mSec) that the tag you want to time = 1.
You can convert to minutes or hours with another tag in the same script.
At a certain hour of the day you can reset to = 0 using "TimeString".