OT & IT Networks

mad4x4

We have a lot of OT and IT networks in our plants, most have grown over the years, and we don't have comprehensive lists of network devices, and we don't always know exactly which VLANs are communication etc. This is for the IT & OT system.

We are now starting to look at Cyber risk, and we have identified that this is a big chunk of information that we are missing.

Are there companies out there that can be employed to survey and identify and map the equipment and networks

This would be in the UK. - any recommendations?

We have a lot of OT and IT networks in our plants, most have grown over the years, and we don't have comprehensive lists of network devices, and we don't always know exactly which VLANs are communication etc. This is for the IT & OT system.

We are now starting to look at Cyber risk, and we have identified that this is a big chunk of information that we are missing.

Are there companies out there that can be employed to survey and identify and map the equipment and networks

This would be in the UK. - any recommendations?

No experience in UK - similar problems in Canada. There are companies that advertise this expertise. I would suggest learning enough to be able to ask a couple of pointed questions ... so you don't get ripped off.

Asset Guardian are a UK company that have a software for managing OT assets. They do surveys as well. It was spun out of a systems integrator, so they seem to talk our language better than an IT asset management company.

This is a big issue with us and many other companies right now.

One consensus that emerged out the bickering/discussion/learning is that IT/OT should be a core-function that requires internal expertise. yes, you can out-source some aspect of it but the core-team should be in-house with tribal knowledge of your system.

-my 2 cents