How to remove node module and its I/O modules out from Logix5000 properly?

wendaiyu

How to remove node module and its I/O modules out from Logix5000 properly?

Hi, folks, how’s going?

There are 39 node modules on our Logix5000 controller via ControlNet. We modified the machine, so we want to remove the last node module and its I/O modules out physically.

How can we take them out from the cabinet properly?
Delete that node module configuration from the program? Then put the terminator on the last T-tap?

Thanks a lot.

All you need to do physically is move the terminator to the last T-Tap.

You can delete the removed nodes from the Logix 5000 project, download the project, and re-schedule the network with RSNetworx for ControlNet to remove all traces of those devices from the network configuration and schedule.

But it's just as easy to go to the Connection tab for those nodes and select "Inhibit Connection". The connections will still be in the schedule but the ControlLogix won't care that they're broken and won't flash the IO LED.