Windows Safe Mode to Remove Old FTV (SE) Projects

AMarks95

Hello all,

I have a project that I need to remove so I can restore a newer version on to the machine (win7). When I use the application manager to try and delete the application, it says that the application is in use and cannot be deleted (even after initial boot-up and not opening the application). This is likely due to some background service that is running.

I was thinking Windows Safe Mode may be useful to stop any services from starting up automatically. However, when opening Application Manager and selecting Site Edition (local) I get a "unable to login to FactoryTalk Security" message.

If I could figure out how to use Application Manager in safe mode I think it would be very useful. Does anyone have insight into how to get past this message?

Last edited:
I was actually able to delete the application using the FT Administration Console.

I was initially not able to right click -> delete the application, but after deleting the servers within the application I was able to.