Communicate Compactlogix L320ER to ControlLogix L73

AlfredoMtz

Hello!

I'm struggling communicating a L320ER PLC through MSG Instructions, specifically I'm struggling with communication paths, I tried different methods but nothing seems to work.

The funny thing is that if I click "Discover modules" the L73 PLC shows but once I create the module it sends a time out as if it's not communicating.

Any ideas?:confused:

Thank you!

Captura de pantalla 2023-06-01 154920.png Captura de pantalla 2023-06-01 155304.png Captura de pantalla 2023-06-01 155332.png Captura de pantalla 2023-06-01 155502.png Captura de pantalla 2023-06-01 160208.png

you need to install AOP (added on profile) for 1756-RM2/A, i can download it from Rockwell website.
Why? As far as I know it's not necessary to install AOPs to send messages through ethernet, I have other PLC messaging the control logix and I had no problem, but it's the first time for me using a L320ER

I ran into the same issue and after reading the msg help file, one small detail I missed is you have to cycle the power on the Plc after downloading the logic change, and it worked for me.

Without seeing you code, I would guess two things:
- You added EN2T with "Rack Optimization" (default) then it should be set to "None" for Produced/Consumed tags.
- You are using Unicast, that is not supported by the Redundancy.

I ran into the same issue and after reading the msg help file, one small detail I missed is you have to cycle the power on the Plc after downloading the logic change, and it worked for me.

Without seeing you code, I would guess two things:
- You added EN2T with "Rack Optimization" (default) then it should be set to "None" for Produced/Consumed tags.
- You are using Unicast, that is not supported by the Redundancy.

Thank you for your answers, the solution was to do a power cycle. 🍻

Last edited: