Can't get communicate with 1756-CNBR

endangs

Dear All, I have problem to communicate with 1756-CNBR neither using 1784-PCC nor via ControlLogix5000 back plane. The module LED shown steady RED and the Display read: FAULT REV. 5.050 Build 010 icpinit.c Line 0452
How to clear the Fault ?

Dear All, I have problem to communicate with 1756-CNBR neither using 1784-PCC nor via ControlLogix5000 back plane. The module LED shown steady RED and the Display read: FAULT REV. 5.050 Build 010 icpinit.c Line 0452
How to clear the Fault ?

A solid RED LED means the module has failed its own internal tests. It is likely that the module is non-recoverable, but you could try flashing its firmware again.

But, how could we reach the module to do flashing its firmware? because the module was not found on the RSLinx path.
Endang

But, how could we reach the module to do flashing its firmware? because the module was not found on the RSLinx path.
Endang

That is a very good question, to which I do not know the answer.

Have you contacted Tech Support ?

Did you try to remove and insert the module? Old firmware for controlnet modules had problems dealing with electrical disturbances and noise.

Also try the module in another slot....

You can also try removing all other cards from the backplane to see if another card may be causing the fault. If the card works in another slot, the backplane may be the culprit. I was not able to find the error code in the Rockwell knowledgebase.

Mrgumbo said:
You can also try removing all other cards from the backplane to see if another card may be causing the fault. If the card works in another slot, the backplane may be the culprit. I was not able to find the error code in the Rockwell knowledgebase.

You didn't find the error code in the KBase but you did manage to suggest one of the many possible causes and ways to test for it, as did others here...

18522 - 1756-CNB(R) Series D Scrolling Display Errors
Access Level: TechConnect

We'll done people.

Note also how the ControlNet media may also be at fault here and how disconnection and sequential reconnection of media is advised to eliminate this suspect.

Regards,
George

Note also how the ControlNet media may also be at fault here and how disconnection and sequential reconnection of media is advised to eliminate this suspect.

Personally I don't think it is media or communication related, the fault appears to be a line of the firmware crashing.

But, of course, it doesn't hurt to try all possible causes.