RSNetworx Wont Communicate with 1756-DNB

PLC5Please

Hi all, first time poster and first time with RSNetworx.

Heres the details,

Trying to add a node to the DNB scanlist through RSNetworx. When I upload and go online I see all the nodes including the new PONI added. But all of them and the 1756-DNB show a ? mark. I doubleclick the DNB (node 00) and go through eds wizard. It says all is good when its complete but still a ?
Talked with tech support and they said since no devices are recognized it must be a software issue. So going with there recommendations I updated Rsnetworx.

Controllogix5000 ver 20.1
RSnetworx ver 11
Rslinx ver 3.51

Any ideas where I should start? I'm on hold with tech (for an hour) but getting impatient.

Thanks in advance

Oops, forgot to mention I get the following error when going online. DNSF:0204 error occured while communicationg to device at address 00.

The way I understand it, the EDS subsystem was rewritten in RSLinx Classic 3.5x, which correlates to the release of RSNetworx v21 and Studio 5000 v21.

If you have any one of those installed, earlier products won't work correctly.

If you can uninstall RSLinx Classic 3.51 and reinstall 2.59, your software might work.

Our colleague Geospark recently posted outstanding information on this topic:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=603750&postcount=8

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply! Just got off the phone with tech support and they say that yes it is most likely a version issue. Downloading RSnetworx ver 21 now. Not sure why the fella yesterday told me to get version 11......

I was just typing to ask how you were only at v11 after they advised you to update. They should have said v21 & it shouldn't take an hour+ to get you that info. You could patch v11 to get going, but v21 is the better way to go.

Just be aware that RSLogix 5000 v20 is also not compatible with the current EDS subsystem now installed on your system. You may need to bring that up to v21 as well. Obviously controllers you are programming for would also then need to be flashed up to v21 firmware.

Regards,
George

Thanks for the reply Geo. I went with the v11 patch as the internet here is a little slow for downloading the 5+ gig v21. It worked! networx sees the DNB and I can add to scanlist and all those wonderful kind of things. Unfortunately it doesn't recognize any of the devices connected. Which are all WPONIDNA, controlling starters. Being that its 5 am I am ready for bed. But atleast I got somewhere.....

Have you registered any EDS files for the WPONIDNA, or re-registered since the patch?

If you don't already have the EDS files for these comms modules, then here's a link to them...

WPONIDNA EDS Files

You can register the entire folder if you're not yet sure which version you need.

Regards,
George

Thanks again Geo. I was looking for the PONI eds files but the cutler Web page kept leading me to a dead end. I'll try these out when I get to work tonight.

Greetings and Welcome to our Planet!

I do not normally do psychiatric sessions in public (or in private for that matter - "Hi! I'm Dr.Nick Riviera!"), but so you know, I charge by the hour. However, my first piece of advice is free...try staying away from blow you seem so fond of mentioning.

Moderators- please, anytime now?...

Do these guys get paid by each spam post? Why is it always GPS or cell phone hammers?

The words and phrases "they" had posted are among some of the most frequently used terms within web searches. Spamming Forums is big business. It's all about increasing their search engine's rankings, which is what attracts the big advertisers. A lot of its done by automated Spambots. Where the bots can't get by the Forums spam filters, spammers do it manually. Maybe some of them make what they might call a "good" living from it Jeff, but it's an unscrupulous way to earn a crust.

G.