Single EtherCAT master, but a couple of places to connect it

Onstege

Have anyone found a solutions for this? The best thing that comes to my mind is using an ethernet hub. (yes hub, not switch) However I presume that it will introduce delays causing the drives using distributed clocks to malfunction.

For manual changeover between main and backup master we normally use this gadget (Physical ethernet selector)
https://esd.eu/en/products/ecx-master-selector

One way would be cascading a couple of those and detect where the master is plugged in, but it doesn't feel like a very elegant solution.

Similar Topics

is it possible to install multiple ibaPDAs on single VM or PC?
Replies
Views
I'm looking for how others do it. I need to start a 1 phase motor. I have always used a regular 3 phase Motor Protected Circuit Breaker and looped...
Replies
Views
Why does the controllogix redundancy modules use a single mode fiber vs multimode fiber?
Replies
Views
I am converting a SLC 500 to a Compact Logix. I plan on using a Compact Logix 5380 with conversion Kit. The problem is that the analog input cards...
Replies
Views
Hello, friends, I am trying to upgrade a system that uses an Onrom incremental encoder (E6B2-CWZ6C) connected to a Danfoss VFD (FC360), but now...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom