1400 Ethernet Limit

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I know the 1766-L32 has a 16 connection limit
If I have set up 2 messages to be read from another 1400 is this considered 2 connections or 1

I know the 1766-L32 has a 16 connection limit
If I have set up 2 messages to be read from another 1400 is this considered 2 connections or 1

Explicit messaging is by nature an unconnected data exchange (not counting against any limits); the user could choose a 'connected' state for said data transfer at configuration time if the application requires it though; the latter scenario will count against the maximum number of established connections.

Thanks. I was concerned since I am reading data from 14 other sources and pulling all the data off at the one point.

Similar Topics

Hi All I have connected a Keyence SR1000 to a Compact Logix PLC and am triggering the scanner and reading barcodes over Ethernet/IP, no issues...
Replies
Views
I am trying to exchange data (N registers) to and from a Control Logix PLC. I am programming the messages in the Control Logix program, to...
Replies
Views
I have a Micrologix 1400 to which Ive assigned a specific IP address. Now when I am trying to configure it in Rslinx, i cannot find it under...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm looking for some insight on data usage for Allen bradley IP messages. I have a setup of 4 total Micrologix 1400s. One is the master...
Replies
Views
I have 5 systems that include a ControlLogix PLC and a Micrologix 1400 PLC. I need to connect these two via ethernet. I want to have two inputs on...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom