You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 11th, 2017, 03:15 PM   #1
Bullzi
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Ethernet/IP Control of SMC Flex Soft Starter

Hi Everyone,
Looking for a "Sanity Check" on my programming for Starting and Stopping a pump connected to a SMC-3 Flex Soft Starter via Ethernet/IP. I have never used EIP with a Flex before so I want to make sure I am on the right track.

I am basically using the same logic that I use with a Powerflex VFD. I set the Start Bit until the Running Bit is true. Then I set the Stop Bit until the Stopping Bit is true. I have 2 diffrent devices that can request the pump to run so I have the Start Request's OR'd together and the Stop Request AND'd together.

Give me your thoughts on this.
Thanks!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SMC Pump Start_Stop.jpg (14.7 KB, 43 views)
Old December 11th, 2017, 06:06 PM   #2
jraef
United States

SMC-3 is one version of a Rockwell soft starter, SMC-Flex is a different version. There is no SMC-3 Flex...

Given that the SMC-3 is not digital and cannot therefore have an Ethernet interface, I suspect you have an SMC-Flex. If that's the case, I see nothing wrong with your logic, but I can't really read it all that well.
Old December 11th, 2017, 09:00 PM   #3
Bullzi
United States

Yes it is a SMC-Flex. I must have looked at the Spec Sheet from the vendor wrong to get the SMC-3. The 3 is the position of the soft starter.

How can I get the Snip to post with a better resolution? It is hard to read this way.
Old December 11th, 2017, 10:19 PM   #4
OkiePC
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullzi View Post

How can I get the Snip to post with a better resolution? It is hard to read this way.
Narrow your ladder view just to the point before it rung-wraps. Screen shot just the ladder window. Use paint.net (www.getpaint.net) if necessary to crop, resize save with compression to met forum requirements. Mainly the first thing though, narrow your ladder view window as much as possible.
Old December 11th, 2017, 10:44 PM   #5
Bullzi
United States

Thanks Oki,
See if this looks any better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SMC Pump Start_Stop.jpg (27.9 KB, 21 views)
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum