Control Logix Ethernet Card Buffer Overrun

creativepaper

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a system that is using TCP sockets. There are 5 connections between the Ethernet card and the end devices (smart conveying system).

Basically, is there something that I can monitor or have indicate to me that will tell me if the ethernet internal buffer is full?

I calculated that at some specific times when multiple devices arrived at their destination at the same time, I would have more incoming messages than the scan time would be able to process.

My workaround would be to have a fast periodic routine that would 'pigeon hole' these messages into their specific destination, then the normal code would use these instead of the first one from the ethernet card.

Ethernet card CPU, and any other metrics I can find are all good (< 60%)