Logix Generic Ethernet Module creates a SINT[400] control tag

seeigecannon

Hello. I am still fairly new to this.

I am playing around with an Indradrive HCS01 controller. I have it talking to my L71 (V33.11) just fine, but it is creating a configuration tag that is a SINT[400]. The drive itself doesn't even use the configuration (in the Connection Parameters area the configuration size is set to 0). The drive is set up as a generic Ethernet module. While Bosch does have an EDS file it doesn't seem to work (and the manual says to create it as a generic module anyway).

My concern is that this is a massive waste of RAM, and while it is not a problem at this time I would rather it stay not a problem if I need to add 10 of these drives.

I am attaching a screenshot of what I am seeing. If anybody has any ideas I would be very grateful.

Clipboard01.png

Config 0 might mean "variable size" I am not sure. Try setting it to 2 bytes.
I know the CODESYS EDS has a two byte config with the text "This is a dummy parameter to satisfy rockwell tools..." so I wonder if Indralogic has the same.

Config 0 might mean "variable size" I am not sure. Try setting it to 2 bytes.
I know the CODESYS EDS has a two byte config with the text "This is a dummy parameter to satisfy rockwell tools..." so I wonder if Indralogic has the same.

I did try setting the config size to 1 byte before making the post, but the module would show as being faulted until I set it back to 0. I also tried setting the configuration from 110/0 to 102/7 to hopefully just read the input twice and it had the same fault.