Generic Ethernet module config in Logix 5000, configuration controller tag size

Someone probably asked this, but do you have the latest release of the Studio version being used? Have you applied the latest patches available? And the latest EDS files for 1732 devices?

I did install the latest AOP as well as the latest EDS. I am using version 32 of Logix 5000, because the firmware in the PLC is version 32 and all of my projects are version 32. I can try installing the latest version 34. And I can try installing the latest patch roll-up. Will try later next week. I have what I need now. I need to communicate the remote IO with a non-Rockwell scanner and so I needed to get a Wireshark trace of the connection establishment process. For now I do not need keying, but surely I want to be able to use keying. Again, thanks for your patience.

I have understood why this module does not require direction selection.
This has to be taken care of entirely in the application because both directions work simultaneously. if you write an output bit it is also reflected in the corresponding input. I thought the direction was required because I was looking at the wrong document. Thanks a lot jstolaruk.

I did install the latest AOP as well as the latest EDS. I am using version 32 of Logix 5000, because the firmware in the PLC is version 32 and all of my projects are version 32. I can try installing the latest version 34. And I can try installing the latest patch roll-up. Will try later next week. I have what I need now. I need to communicate the remote IO with a non-Rockwell scanner and so I needed to get a Wireshark trace of the connection establishment process. For now I do not need keying, but surely I want to be able to use keying. Again, thanks for your patience.

Its important to execute roll-up patches when available, about once or twice a year.

Note that when I said "latest release of the Studio version being used" does not mean a newer version. It means the latest release of version 32. For instance, I have version 32.04 installed.

temp6.JPG

jstolaruk, thanks so much for your continued support. I will do the roll-up later this week. But thanks to you I solved my initial problem. I wanted to communicate the Rockwell PLC with the armour block to capture the Wireshark trace of the forward open command, so I could communicate another (non-Rockwell) scanner with the block. Thanks so much indeed. I am able to read inputs from and write outputs to the device. May have some follow-up questions, because indeed I want to have the Rockwell environment properly setup.
In other topic, the signature of your post always makes me laugh. And there is a probability slightly larger than zero that due to this job I may have to visit Michigan. In which case, I feel I ought you a dinner. Let's see if this happens and for the right reasons, because if it happens for the wrong reasons (like a support emergency) I may not have time for dinner.

jstolaruk, thanks so much for your continued support. I will do the roll-up later this week. But thanks to you I solved my initial problem. I wanted to communicate the Rockwell PLC with the armour block to capture the Wireshark trace of the forward open command, so I could communicate another (non-Rockwell) scanner with the block. Thanks so much indeed. I am able to read inputs from and write outputs to the device. May have some follow-up questions, because indeed I want to have the Rockwell environment properly setup.
In other topic, the signature of your post always makes me laugh. And there is a probability slightly larger than zero that due to this job I may have to visit Michigan. In which case, I feel I ought you a dinner. Let's see if this happens and for the right reasons, because if it happens for the wrong reasons (like a support emergency) I may not have time for dinner.

You are very welcome.

jstolaruk, sorry to bother again. Do you think my environment is missing something? Based on your previous screenshot, could you please see below screenshot and advice?

Screenshot 2022-06-08 171636.png

jstolaruk, sorry to bother again. Do you think my environment is missing something? Based on your previous screenshot, could you please see below screenshot and advice?

No, other than upgrading the v32 release to v32.04, which may help with any bugs you've experienced. If you'll be using motion products you'll want to get the motion database updated to the next major version.

Its good to have RSlinx up to date also.