PanelView plus not showing in transfer utility

I know it may not be super relevant to everyone, but...for a very long time I haven't had any auto-browse work in RSLinx Classic/Enterprise and in Siemens Simatic Manger/TIA Portal. I suspect it's a firewall setting or some such that our IT group has imposed. It used to work to have a USB NIC connected directly to a VM, but even that's been blocked within the past few years. I don't know what setting(s) they're using to achieve that, but I'm so used to manually adding stuff that I don't even think about auto-browse any more.

Hi,

What you will need to do, as described above, is manually add the Panelview to RSLinx Enterprise.

Right click on Ethernet,Ethernet and select "Add Device"
A "Add Device Selection" window will appear - look for EthernetIP Devices

Scroll down through the list...and it is a big list.. until you can find the Panelviews.. I guess that you are using a Panelview Plus 7..Pick a firmware version, and then add in the IP address manually.

Ian

Hey Ian. Thank you for the step by step and differentiating between RSLinx and RSLinx enterprise.

I followed the steps and i am now able to communicate with the panelview.

Thanks again all.