RSLinx not showing PanelView Plus Compact 1000

tfed

I just added a PanelView Plus Compact 1000 to our network. Initially it showed up in my RSWho as an unrecognized device with a yellow question mark. After loading the EDS File the device disappeared from RSWho. I am running V2.53 of RSLinx.

Did the device have DHCP or bootP enabled? Perhaps it was power cycled and reverted to one of those methods of asking for an I.P. address (assuming it's connected via Ethernet).

I think it must be the RSLinx version level. One of our contractors has RSLinx V2.57 and it sees the device okay. I would have thought the V2.53 would work, not sure if there is a site some where that would show what versions support what devices.

Take a step back: while it's convenient to have the PanelView Plus show up in the RSLinx Classic browse, it's not necessary.

RSLinx Classic doesn't do anything with PV+: all upload/download/configuration is done with FactoryTalk View and RSLinx Enterprise.

RSLinx Enterprise hardware support is hard-coded into the various releases; it doesn't use EDS files at all.

While figuring out the subtleties of several-years-old RSLinx Classic and EDS registration might be intellectually satisfying, it won't do much to help your project move forward.

Take a step back: while it's convenient to have the PanelView Plus show up in the RSLinx Classic browse, it's not necessary.

RSLinx Classic doesn't do anything with PV+: all upload/download/configuration is done with FactoryTalk View and RSLinx Enterprise.

RSLinx Enterprise hardware support is hard-coded into the various releases; it doesn't use EDS files at all.

While figuring out the subtleties of several-years-old RSLinx Classic and EDS registration might be intellectually satisfying, it won't do much to help your project move forward.
Thanks for the replies and insight!!