You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 24th, 2008, 07:42 AM   #1
killabeg
Ireland

Question RSLogix Emulator And Wonderware

Hi there all,

First time user, and hopefully a sucessful one

I'm trying to setup communications between Intouch9.5 and RSLogix Emulator using an I/O Server which does not required placeholders in the tag database. the live plant will use a DAServer to the PLC which doesn't require placeholders. So to emulate the plant I need an equivalent I/O Server. I understand that wwRSLinx can be used with RSEmulate5, but I can't see any way that it will work with RSEmulate5000.

If any ideas, much appreciated.
Thanks,
killabeg
Old January 24th, 2008, 11:15 AM   #2
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

I expect that you would need to use RSLinx Classic OEM, which has a "Virtual Backplane" driver that it uses to connect to the RSEmulate 5000 and SoftLogix 5800 controllers.

I have done this many times with RSView32 and RSView ME, but of course not with InTouch.
Old January 24th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #3
OZEE
United States

I've successfully used RSLogix OEM with InTouch, but have never been able to make the DAServer work that way...
Old January 24th, 2008, 02:06 PM   #4
MorphuisOGrady
Sweden

Welcome Killabeg my fellow Irish man!

You should have no problems in connecting InTouch to RSEmuluate5000 using the RSLinx OPC server. I have had no problems doing this with WinCC, RSView and i think iFIX too (RSEmulate V16) so it should work for InTouch.
Old January 29th, 2008, 07:08 AM   #5
killabeg
Ireland

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately its not at the RSLinx end that I have the issue. The problem is that the DAServer removes the need for placeholders in the Intouch Tag Database. If I revert to using OPCLink I/O Server then I have to dump the Intouch tag database, re-address all tags with the relevant placeholders and then reimport. Also the InBatch system requires the same. And then any redirecting of tag addresses in scripts. So there are a number of changes that have to be made, which is not ideal. So if I can get a substitute I/O server that doesn't require placeholders, and that works with RSEmulate5000, then my problem is solved. After talking to Pantek support they tell me that they have no such I/O server available. Maybe there is some third party product out there that some one has used???

Thanks
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum