You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 3rd, 2008, 09:52 AM   #1
Kataeb
Lebanon

Siemens Starter upload download

Dear Sirs,

We have 10 drives micromaster 440 on our machine. These drives are commissioned using the starter software (V4.0.1.0).

The parameters of the first drive are uploaded to the PG. How can we download these parameters to the other 9 drives? (same program should be on all drives)

Kindly, check attached file.

Best regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Starter-upload download.pdf (63.4 KB, 185 views)
Old October 6th, 2008, 10:01 AM   #2
IPSIBilly
United States

If you have a BOP for one of them, and if not they are easy to acquire, then there is a simple cloning feature. It is in the user's manual for the BOP (Basic Operator Panel)
Old October 6th, 2008, 10:08 AM   #3
Kataeb
Lebanon

we have a bop. but the trick is how to upload and download using profibus network and pg port?
thanks anyway for your help.
Old October 6th, 2008, 10:27 AM   #4
IPSIBilly
United States

Oh, I'm not sure how to do it with Drive Starter. Drive Monitor is a very similiar program and there is an upload download option under file. You can upload from one and download that to another one. I'm sure there is a similiar function. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Old October 6th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #5
RichWargo
United States

Oh, you'll want to upload the program using Starter, then make copies of it and edit each copy so it has the right Profibus address. Then you can download the program easily to each drive using Starter. I did it that way for a system with about 30 drives, plus used Simocode ES to do the same for the 100 motor starters using Simocode Pros. Very quick and easy. However, note that routing won't work through a CP342-5, only though the Profibus port onboard the CPU. The CP342-5 only supports Profibus V0 (cyclic)
Old October 7th, 2008, 12:07 AM   #6
Kataeb
Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichWargo
Oh, you'll want to upload the program using Starter, then make copies of it and edit each copy so it has the right Profibus address. Then you can download the program easily to each drive using Starter. I did it that way for a system with about 30 drives. Very quick and easy.
how did you do it? was it micromaster drives?
Old October 7th, 2008, 07:45 AM   #7
RichWargo
United States

We've been using MicroMaster drives, starting to recommend Sinamics drives. We always set the Profibus address using the dipswitches on the Profibus adapter, plus set the address in the software using BOP.
Old October 7th, 2008, 08:47 AM   #8
bkottaras
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichWargo
Oh, you'll want to upload the program using Starter, then make copies of it and edit each copy so it has the right Profibus address. Then you can download the program easily to each drive using Starter. I did it that way for a system with about 30 drives, plus used Simocode ES to do the same for the 100 motor starters using Simocode Pros. Very quick and easy. However, note that routing won't work through a CP342-5, only though the Profibus port onboard the CPU. The CP342-5 only supports Profibus V0 (cyclic)
I second the above.
Use the BOP and do a "quick Commissioning" of each drive in which you set the Profi Address as well as a couple of other parameters (P600 or P900 range for your address on the MicroMaster, beena while).
Once done with the Quick Commissioning cycle power to the drive and then use Starter as stated above, make copies of one file and change the address on each file to match your drives. After the initial upload/download If you do an upload/donwload with the correct address you will upload/download changes done to the individual drive.
Old October 7th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #9
RichWargo
United States

Yeah, definitely each drive will have to be separately commissioned to match it to the motor and load.
Old October 8th, 2008, 12:19 AM   #10
Kataeb
Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkottaras
I second the above.
Once done with the Quick Commissioning cycle power to the drive and then use Starter as stated above, make copies of one file and change the address on each file to match your drives. After the initial upload/download If you do an upload/donwload with the correct address you will upload/download changes done to the individual drive.
"cycle power": means turn power off then on?
"make copies of one file": i could not find the uploaded file in starter (like we do in drive monitor). where is it? how can i copy it? or see its contents?
Old October 8th, 2008, 01:14 AM   #11
bkottaras
United States

Yes as OFF then ON.
Files may be stored in the default directory where starter is installed.
Or some other folder, not sure how they setup originally.
But, if you know the Profibus aaddress of your drives, you can upload using starter and create new files for each one of them then store them in someplace where you can find them in the future.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum