Panel View Error 613

KA24DE

Hello Folks, I have a PanelView 550 kepad/Touch. Its communicating to a Micrologix 1500 PLC via DH-485. After running the auto cycle for a while, I get the error 613 Required Network Node Not found . It has done the full auto cycle a number of times before this pops up. If I unplug the DH-485 cable, I get a diffrent error 612 No active nodes found on network. This leads me to believe that there is no communication loss between the 2 devices when the 613 pops up. I have read the manual under error 613 but it really does not give a detailed descripton. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My post to your original post from last week:

Just for the heck of it, check your comms setup on both the PLC and the PV to make sure that:

A.) The Max Node Address is the same on both. I've had this cause some pretty strange behavior in the past.
B.) You mentioned a "network". Be sure there are no duplicate node numbers being used. Had this happen one time when I accidently left my laptop configured as Node #10 and plugged into a network that had a SLC configured as Node #10 (oops!). šŸ™ƒ
C.) If this is DH485 network with multiple nodes (maybe you're linking using AIC's or NET-AIC's), be sure your physical ends of the network are terminated correctly.

HTH
Jeff

I had a couple of thoughts:

1. It sounds like a node that is referenced in your PV code is not present. You should verify the node address for your Micrologix, and then check in the Communications Setup of the PV application to make sure everything matches. Check max node (as described by Jeff), baud rate, and node numbers.

http://domino.automation.rockwell.c...565e000441446?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,DH-485

2. I recall that the DH-485 network requires a Node 1. I can't find any documentation to support this so my memory could be faulty here, but it might be worth trying if your Micrologix is not Node 1.

3. I know you said that you had a 1500, but for the 1000, there was a problem with setting the "protocol bit". Perhaps something similar in the 1500?

http://domino.automation.rockwell.c...56632005e4405?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,DH-485

4. Wrong data types might cause the problem as well.

http://domino.automation.rockwell.c...566a4004c003b?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,DH-485

5. What firmware release of PanelView do you have? You need greater than 1.06.

Good luck,

Marc

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, When i restart the PanelView using left arrow + right arrow + Enter it works just fine. It will run for hours before this error pops up. Thank you for the info, i will check out my data types and look into that protocall bit.

Error 613 Required Network Node Not Found can be a little misleading; it appears when the PanelView really cannot get access to the controller you've specified in a particular data object, and also when the PanelView cannot get access to a particular data element in that controller.

For example, if file N7 is only 50 words long, and you have a screen that tries to display N7:51, you will get Error 613.

There are a handful of other reasons for the error, some reasonable and some not.

I agree that you ought to check the basic integrity of the DH485 network. Despite the dead-simple instructions, many installations are missing their ground or termination jumpers, or are done with barbed wire and toothpicks for cable media.

I once saw a PanelView that was using a Bit Array specifying the last element of a file that gave this error. Adding one element to the file made the error go away.

Does the error appear on a screen that works the rest of the time ? If that's the case, check for Alarm triggers or other background data that might be trying to read inaccessible data tables.