Wonderware Intouch WindowMaker Animation Links

dguedez

Hi everyone, I wonder if you any wonderware intouch 10.1 sp2 people can help me with the following issue:

I have a tool/device that is basically a tall column with arms that rotate around the column (around the Z axis from a side view perspective). So from a top down view, this device can be displayed as a circle with a rectangle attached to it O= ,where the circle is the column and the arm is the rectangle.

The tool's column can move horizontally across the screen and also rotate while the arms are locked and fixed to the column. So that the arms inherit the column's translation and rotation.

WindowMaker has the ability to translate objects horizontally across the screen or vertically. It also has an orientation link that allows the object to rotate around a point of rotation. The problem is that the software doesn't seem to allow the ability to assign both rotation and translation to an object, in this case my circle. Whenever I assign a translation animation, the orientation animation link option is greyed out and vice versa.

Also, the reason I include the rectangle is because the arms can extend and retract. So the rectangle that is fixed to the column must be able to transform. This can be done with the height animation link or the percent fill, both seem to have the desired effect. Unfortunately, the rotation option is greyed out when the transform animations are picked and vice versa.

So overall i have two objects, a circle that rotates and translates, and a rectangle that transforms and follows the rotation and translation of the circle.

I've already thought about duplicating the object in several different 360 degree orientations and moving all the objects across the screen while only making one visible when its between a certain range of degrees. This method though seems dumb and clumsy though.

Has anyone tried performing this type of combination of animations with intouch's windowmaker? Is it possible? Right now i'm creating a standalone application with intouch, does the archestra IDE managed applications enable these type of animation combinations? Is there a different way you would approach while using intouch only? I appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks.

So after talking with some wonderware people, it turns out it is possible with archestra graphics using ArchestrA IDE. I tried it, and it worked. Problem solved. If anyone would like to know more, send me a message.

Interested

Since 2 weeks I am a Wonderware Certified Integrator.
But, I only did one project with Intouch untill now.
So I'm very interested in seeing others projects, especially animations in the Archestra IDE.

Can you send the aaPKG ?

Thanks in advance!

So after talking with some wonderware people, it turns out it is possible with archestra graphics using ArchestrA IDE. I tried it, and it worked. Problem solved. If anyone would like to know more, send me a message.