Intouch WindowMaker (WonderWare/ArchestraIDE)

Newbie10

I am unable to open and edit a project with windowmaker.

I am able to open the project with windowviewer and can operate through the scada with no issues.

I just can't edit the scada in windowmaker since I can't open it.

I have attached a couple snippets of what I see.

Please Help! Open to any idea(s)!

Error_Debug.PNG Error_WM.PNG

Can you load other applications in WindowMaker?

If not, then the problem may be with your WonderWare software. If that's the case, I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the WW software.

If you can open other apps in WM, then that points to your particular application being corrupted. In that case, you need to create a new application, import the DB from your old application and then import all of the windows and scripts from the old application and convert all of the placeholder tags.

I believe you are correct, as I too believe that the issue resides in the WW software.

I am unable to load other applications, as I have tried many times.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple times. Even tried reinstalling from a new download file of WW.

Still no luck.

It used to work on our machine without issues. Just don't understand why now..

What version of WW are you installing?
Windows version?

Also, make sure there is not an "applogic.loc" file in the application directory.
This file is set when you call development mode and is removed when you leave development mode. If it crashes, the file will remain and you cannot enter development mode. Usually there is a warning box letting you know that "Development Mode is active", when you try to open development mode.

Last edited:
What version of WW are you installing?
Windows version?

Also, make sure there is not an "applogic.loc" file in the application directory.
This file is set when you call development mode and is removed when you leave development mode. If it crashes, the file will remain and you cannot enter development mode. Usually there is a warning box letting you know that "Development Mode is active", when you try to open development mode.

I've been bitten by that one a time or two, but I thought the filename was appedit.lok?

It's generally safe to issue 'del *.*k' from a command prompt in your project directory (note the trailing 'k' in the command).

This will delete the lock file and also all compiled windows (which will be rebuilt the next time you successfully open the project in WindowViewer).

Yes I have made sure that there is no 'appedit.lok' file, so that is not the case. Unless there is another one I am unaware about that I should look for...

WW version is 10.0 SP 2 for terminal services with Wonderware application server 3.0 SP2

OS is running MS Windows Server 2003 Standard Ed. SP 2

The weird thing is even when reinstalling with the demo applications, I still can't open those.. like are the installation files really that finicky??

Last edited:
I'm not sure when or if it has been done. IT doesn't usually let us know when they change/update things unfortunately.

I suppose it is possible this could have happened..

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a Windows update break WW.

I assume that you are using a valid Administrator account with a permanent password when you install the WW software? You might also want to verify that User Account Control is at it's lowest possible setting.

Last edited:
Why is IT controlling this OT Server? That may be the problem! They could have changed a policy or added a patch even updating AV could cause problems. Best bet is to tell IT to to G.T.F. we as OT will look after our server.