Micro 810 Timer

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all, I have an AB Micro 810 that I'm trying to program. My Rockwell Software experience is limited to RSLogix5 and RSLogix500. The CCW software for this reminds me of the little bit of RSLogix5000 that I have seen, using function blocks. All I want to do is create a timer that uses a real time clock to turn on an output twice per day, once at 7am and once at 3pm. I'm at the point that I have my DOY on a rung and can not figure out how to set the daily times for it. Also, I wanted to know if there is a way to program this for a Monday thru Friday sort of application? Thank you.
Also, I have watched the videos on youtube.com where they use the "Traffic Controller Algorithm" for the UDFB.

Last edited:
Please attach a zipped copy of your existing program
I will look at it.

The first thing you need is a RTC_READ instruction. That will grab the RTCData array (and the Status indicating that the RTC is present) from the Real Time Clock.

That array is a set of Unsigned Integers, giving you the Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, Second, and Day of Week.

From there you're just going to use "<=" or ">=" blocks, which are equivalent to the "LEQ" or "GEQ" instructions in a ControlLogix.

I don't know from experience how the Day of Week is encoded; My guess is that it's 0-6, starting on Sunday.

The background question is whether or not the Micro 810 has a Real Time Clock. I know the Micro 830 can hold a 2080-MEMBAK module, which includes a Real Time Clock, and the Micro 810 claims to be able to do time-of-day functions.