Micro 810 Analog Input

Myhells

Hello,
I am trying to connect a 0-5v pressure sensor to the Micro 810, but I am not getting a clear input voltage reading. I connected the sensor signal wire to terminal I_04 and set the input to AI:00. I am wondering if I am not getting a reading because the Micro 810 wants either a 4-20ma or 0-10v signal. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• Analog Input.JPG
    Analog Input.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 27
From what I have found the analog input is 12 bit, so it goes from 0V=0 to 10V=4095, so if your scaler input range is only from 0.5-4.5 that's probably the reason you don't see any change, try the 0 and 4095 as input values.

Also make sure your pressure sensor shares the same DC common as the PLC

Your screen shot seems to indicate that the analog input is reporting 0 counts. Are you sure that an actual signal is getting the AI? Is the channel configured for voltage? The min and max input values will likely not be 0.5 and 4.5, but instead will be counts like WayneV suggests. What is the full model of PLC you are using and if you are using an analog add-on module what is it?

Any voltage analog signal from a transmitter is at least 2 wires if not three. Do you have a return signal (common (-)) wired on the analog input card?

Hello,
I am trying to connect a 0-5v pressure sensor to the Micro 810, but I am not getting a clear input voltage reading.
The 810 does not support analog, the 810 is digital ONLY.... you will need a different PLC

Depending on how many analog inputs you are trying to use you will need to use at least the 820

At the bottom of this page there is a Product Configuration that may help

Looks like as long as its not a AWA they support analog inputs, I remember when they first came out they did not, I was going to build a trainer with them and make a cheaper model, good to know

This is probably obvious to most people on here, but I thought I'd explain what I did to fix this.
First problem was I had the wrong input selected. The AI option wasn't listed at first.
_IO_EM_DI_00
_IO_EM_AI_00

I also had the common (or negative 5v) wire in the wrong terminal. I switched it from terminal 3 to terminal 8. Boom! It worked.

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• Analog Input Wiring.JPG
    Analog Input Wiring.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 8
The 810 does not support analog, the 810 is digital ONLY.... you will need a different PLC

Depending on how many analog inputs you are trying to use you will need to use at least the 820

At the bottom of this page there is a Product Configuration that may help
This is not true. See attached photo.

Attachments

• 810 Specs.JPG
    810 Specs.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 12
Your screen shot seems to indicate that the analog input is reporting 0 counts. Are you sure that an actual signal is getting the AI? Is the channel configured for voltage? The min and max input values will likely not be 0.5 and 4.5, but instead will be counts like WayneV suggests. What is the full model of PLC you are using and if you are using an analog add-on module what is it?
I am using the 2080-LC10-12QWB.

There is no module slots on the Micro 810. It is just embedded I/O.