micro 810 set/reset function

Well, what I'm trying to do is start and stop my program using a start and stop button (physical). In a SLC500, which is the only other PLC I have experience with, I would use an internal bit (B). I would designate an internal output as B0 and then use an internal contact (B0) to start the program. I'm trying to do the same thing with the set and reset bit. I want to use the start button to set an internal coil and the stop button to reset it. I didn't realize they can be earthier internal or a physical output, but it should work either way shouldn't it. The way I have it set up (actual output) I should still see it energize when I close the contact?

The other question I have is, when I am debugging, why can't I click on a component to energize it? For instance, if I want to turn on a NO contact, I can't just click on it, I have to check the logical variable box in variable monitoring.

The other question I have is, when I am debugging, why can't I click on a component to energize it? For instance, if I want to turn on a NO contact, I can't just click on it, I have to check the logical variable box in variable monitoring.

Looking through the documentation, it appears the way you are doing it is the only way you can force an object.

you might want to try using your input to turn on a CTU counter and see that it does increment when you push the button and turn the input on. This would at least you know the logic is running.

I can't be of much help since I don't have any real experience with an 810 using CCW. By the looks of the software, I think it will be something i avoid if possible!:confused:

Yea, The software is free and the PLC's are cheap, but there's not a lot of info out there. I'll keep playing around and see what I can figure out. Thanks for you input.