Problem downloading s/w from download.rockwellautomation.com

ControlSysNick

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've ran into a problem downloading from download.rockwellautomation.com

No problems signing in and qualifying for the download, as I do have a current TechConnect contract. However, when I hit the Download Now button, I encounter an error that prevents the download. See the attached screen grab that shows the error.

When I click to show the error's details, I get the following info':

Java Plug-in 10.51.2.13
Using JRE version 1.7.0_51-b13 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\Nick
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------
Missing Application-Name manifest attribute for: https://download.rockwellautomation.com/plugins/rockwell.jar

I do have tried this in IE and also in Chrome browser and both give me similar problems.

Has anyone else run into this?

Nick

Java_Permissions_Download_Problem_2014_03_29.jpg

I solved my problem.

It turns out that IE v11 has a problem as outlined in here:

https://download.rockwellautomation.com/esd/faq.aspx

In particular, this was the solution:

The download manager fully supports Internet Explorer version 6.0 to 10, but if you have IE11 add "rockwellautomation.com" to the 'Compatibility View Settings' under Tools menu.

(Just in case anyone else also runs into this).

Nick

I was having the same issue with Chrome and IE. Just downloaded Firefox as my Rockwell browser - it did the trick.

Here's a more complete description of the method to fix the problem with getting the Download Manager to work:

The download manager fully supports Internet Explorer version 6.0 to 10. If you have IE11, add 'rockwellautomation.com' to the 'Compatibility View Settings' under Tools menu.

If you are using Chrome with Java 7 Update 51 above , please Start (click) => Control Panel (click) => Java (click) => Security, adjust Security Level to Medium and add http://download.rockwellautomation.com to Exception Site List.

The download manager also supports Firefox version 3.0 and higher, and can be installed on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 operating systems. At this time downloads are not supported on mobile devices.

Nick