1 Button Multiple Actions

JCreel

Hello all, I am working on a project where i am converting an old Siemens HMI to a Panelview. On the siemens HMI, there are features where you can assign multiple tasks to one button. For example, on button down i can Set bit xxx and Reset Bit yyy and Reset Bit zzz with one push of the button.

How could i do something similar in factory talk view studio ME. Most of the HMI push buttons are a push to start/push to stop, and the button just flip flops the start bit in the PLC. So without going in and writing a bunch of additional code, i was trying to do something similar on the Rockwell HMI. Any advise would be appreciated.

NOTE: The PLC is still an Older Siemens 505 controller.

I'm not familiar enough with the details of Panelview to say. In HMIs that support scripts, the action on pressing the button is to launch the script. The script sets or resets the boolean tags and writes data to the analog tags in the PLC.

Thanks for all the advise. I went with the Macro option. Just trying to create a flip flop in the HMI and here's what i come up with.

Created a Macro: {[PLCShortcut]HMIPB_Start}= <IF {[PLCShortcut]HMIPB_Start} THEN 0 ELSE IF NOT {[PLCShortcut]HMIPB_Start} THEN 1 ELSE 0

Added a Macro Button To HMI and it works like a champ. It did take some time to figure out that the macro will not run unless you actually create the runtime... Just playing the screen in the studio will not run the macro.

Now my button is working as a push to start/push to stop without having to change PLC code.

Really appreciate all the help