1395 Digital DC Drive

drawson

I am having trouble undestanding what is happening in two of our drives on our ERW strip prep line. The drives are issued start/stop/jog commands via controlnet and also receive their velocity reference via controlnet from a ControlLogix master.

What I am having trouble understanding is the jog speed doesn't seem correct. When the operator presses the jog push button the PLC reads the dicreet input and sets bit 10 in Parameter 150 via controlnet. Bit 10 is the command bit for Jog 1. When this happens the drive accelerates as expected.

What isn't expected is the P638 Jog 1 Speed is set to zero and is not linked to any other parameters as far as I can tell. What I would expect to see is the drive do nothing but the at speed bit in the logic command status would set.

What is happening actually happening is the drive is accelerating to Preset Speed 4 P636. I have changed the value of Preset Speed 4 and I am certain the when issued the drive command it is using the Preset Speed 4 parameter as it's reference I just don't know why.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I tried to attach the drive executive file for with the current drive conifiguration but it is an invalid file type.

Last edited: