1734-ADN pointbus status indicator flashing fault diagnostic bit

memberpeace

I have 6 powerflex drives, two encoders and one 1734-ADN point IO rack on devicenet network
connected to controllogix processor. There are 60 modules on ADN rack.

We will upgrade most of the devicenet to ethernet this year but in the meantime
I am getting a Point Bus flashing LED on the 1734-ADN point IO rack.
Is there a way seeing it diagnostic data or bit in PLC? So I can set an alarm on panelview. I can also count of the fault occurence

The DeviceNet scanner offers some diagnostics via the data table that the PLC can read. Or you can go online with the scanner with RSNetworx and get an idea what has happened.

Was the 1734-ADN running before? Was the DeviceNet network design verified against ODVA requirements-restrictions? if yes, probably not software, look for a damaged cable or connection.

Yes it was running ok, since we installed ssi module we start to have this problem and powering down and up is the only option or even it may need program- run mode changes also. Problem is it can come with some of the valves or outputs not running. Cause of this within the point IO rack. It takes a while sometimes to diagnose that this is the rack fault instead of checking particular equipment such as valves, relays etc in the field

So, it was running fine, a SSI module was introduced, and the 1734-ADN started acting flakey. From my perspective, it sounds like the integrity of the network was violated when the SSI was added and the ADN is getting the raw end of the deal.

DeviceNet networks can, not always, be sensitive to cable lengths, placement of termination resistors, network baud rate, and topology. Do you have this information for the entire network to see if there is a design problem? How about the .DNT file used to configure the scanner? This is critical information because these items would have changed (probably not baud rate) when the SSI module was introduced.