Point i / o 1734-adn with compaclogix l32e

AlexSlw

I am a beginner on the AB platform and I have a question.
I have a 1769-l32e with scanner devicenet,I am presented with the offer to buy a point io 1734 adn and I would like to know if they are compatible, the documentation only refers to the etherner / ip network.
greetings to all of you....:cerveza:

Never used a L32E, never remember coming across such a model too. Maybe it was an old model.

Safe way to know is to create a project with your processor and modules offline and verify. You will need RSLogix 5K

The 1769-L32E was a smaller-memory version of the very popular 1769-L35E CompactLogix. They were the first generation of CompactLogix that supported EtherNet/IP I/O connections and support firmware up to v20.

They also supported the 1769-SDN DeviceNet scanner, and thus you could use them with any DeviceNet adapter device, including the 1734-ADN DeviceNet Adapter for POINT I/O.

That Adapter was one of the first network adapters built for POINT I/O. It essentially acts as a DeviceNet scanner on one side (the POINT backplane is essentialy DeviceNet) and as a DeviceNet Adapter on the other side. You need RSNetworx for DeviceNet to configure it, and will have one *.DNT file to configure the POINT subnet, and another to configure the 1769-SDN and the network that includes the 1734-ADN and any other DeviceNet adapters.

Because it was an early and simple POINT I/O device, you can use the 1769-ADN with any generation of POINT I/O firmware. Even the very early Series A and B POINT modules will work with 1734-ADN and 1734-PDN network modules.

The 1769-L32E also works with the 1734-AENT/AENTR adapter for POINT I/O and EtherNet/IP. But you will need modern Series C or later POINT modules to work with that adapter, and remember that most POINT modules can't be firmware upgraded. If you are buying surplus or retired products, then you should be aware of those limitations.