1734-IE2C issues

James Mcquade

Hi all,

This is my first time working with a 1734-IE2C analog module. I am tasked with wiring the flow meter into the analog card and the OEM is doing the programming via remote access. I have 2 wiring diagrams to choose from. I am connecting a Flomec model G2S15F 4-20ma flow meter to the analog input card. The unit is a 6 wire device. 24 volts for power with +/- 24 marked, 4-20ma with +/- terminals marked, and pulse output with +/- terminals marked, not used.

The unit has power and the wiring has been run to the input card. I am getting a signal failure on the hmi display.

The device is currently wired as follows:

Power is connected to the flow meter. I am using input 1. I am connecting a wire from the V terminal of the analog card to the 4-20 ma (-) terminal of the flow meter. I am then connecting the 4-20ma (+) of the flow meter to the input terminal of the analog card. See the attached picture.
Have i wired the sensor in incorrectly. Any Suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
James

Attachments

• Flow Meter Pics 3-12-24.PNG
    Flow Meter Pics 3-12-24.PNG
    295.4 KB · Views: 20
On a 4 wire device the 4-20ma + should be wired to the input of the module. The 4-20ma - to the Common C on the module. The power to the device could come from the V and C terminal or an external power supply, depending on the load requirements of the device.

The way you have it wired is for a 2 wire loop powered device where the analog module supplies the 24v for the loop. You don't have that.