1746-ni8 de bouncing

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a application where I'm using a 1746-NI8 to bring in a pressure, once up to pressure I'm closing a block valve. My problem is if the pressure is right on the edge my output will flicker. Is there a way to create a dead band / debounce using the input parameters of the 1746-NI8?

You can apply a filter to each channel. ( see pdf below)

If tha doesn't work you can use a filter in your logic ( see text below)

Depending on how responsive your system needs to be you could put hysteresis on the input, a time delay on state changing mode, or detect bouncing by the unrealistic change frequency of your sensor compared to the actual change in pressure.

Similar Topics

Hi, having some issues with scalings (SCP commands) with some Vegapuls 65 guided wave radar level transmitters. I've set the min/max in the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a SLC 500 (5/04) with a 1746-NI8 Analog module input. I have two questions: 1. I have noticed there is a IN0-, IN0+ and...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I am wireing a 1746-NI8 analog card and I suspect the card is bad... unless I am missing something. I have the literature for the module...
Replies
Views
Trying to read analog inputs from 1746-NI8 card, but values show 0 and channel status LEDs never come on. Details: - SLC 5/05, 1747-L551...
Replies
Views
Wondering if anyone has seen this and possibly knows how to fix. We have an SLC 5/05 with an NI8 and an NI4 in slots 1 and 2 in the rack. Both...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom