1746-ni8

lifetech

Hi Folks
I am wireing a 1746-NI8 analog card and I suspect the card is bad... unless I am missing something.
I have the literature for the module and it is wired correctly, double checked by a co-worker also.
I have the green status light on but the card will not show a blinking or solid green channel led at all.
I am adding a two wire temp transmitter that is displaying the correct temp at the tank, and adding a pressure transmitter to another channel. This card has been in the rack for longer than I have worked here, so it may be bad since no one before me has used it.
Since this PLC cannot be powered down due to production requirements, I cannot look at the dip switches. If they are set for voltage and I am using a 4-20, would this make the channel status leds stay off?
Has anyone else ever had trouble with this card?
Thanks for your thoughts,

in order to get detailed help on this one, you need to post the entire .RSS program file - and tell us how you're trying to use each channel ...

voltage/current range - and scaling for each channel will help you get the configuration that you need ...

Thanks for the responses!
Danny, you hit the nail on the head, and Ron, I do believe this is where you were going too.
Believe me, I will never forget this lesson!

Thanks for the help: Problem resolved!