1746-NI8 Issues

Dallyn Czar

Hi, I have an analog input card on a slc 5/01. Im pretty sure everything is configured properly and the dip switches on the back are set to 4-20 like i want. Now i have a c02 transmitter wired in to a channel just a two wire device fairly simple. My issue is that the Module Status is solid green light which is fine but the channel status flashes green. The allen bradley documentation says to check the status bits But as far as i can tell they are all 0. Anyone have any idea what could be the problem, i cant see it being wiring or i should at least have an over/under range fault. Thanks

Dallyn Czar,

did you write the plc code and supporting data files that initializes the card and card files it writes to?

see the insrtuction manual.

also, your 5/01 may not support that version of card if its an older 5/01

regards,
james

When i configured the card it automatically did that as far as i can tell, If i set the card up as class three the processor cant handle it but as far as i know i should be able to run it class 1 without any issues but i still have alot to learn so who knows. thanks

In the program you posted only channel 2 is enabled. Is that the one you are having trouble with?

Check and double check your wiring also put a meter in series with the channel input and check the current.

Don't know if this is relevant to your situation but I changed a 4-channel AI to an 8-channel version on an existing SLC rack where the current loop was configured as: +24V into the module, out of the module to the remote device and then back to 0V. I got the flashing green light. I had to invert the electrical configuration, referring the module's inputs to 0V, not +24V as it exceeded the NI8 module's common mode input voltage.