1747-ASB ade error when connected to controllogix

kwright

We are doing a conversion from a PLC 5 to controllogix. There are 4 remote racks in the system. Everything was working perfect until we upgrade to a controllogix. Now we are getting an ade error on the remote racks that are 16 slots long. Already added a resistor to each rack and still same problem. On one rack we can only see 8 of the 16 RIO slots but not the last half.

This sounds like you have it configured for 1/2 slot addressing versus full slot addressing in your configuration. The error revolves around this issue.

Maybe someone changed the dip switch setttings on that remote rack by accident?

A single 1747-ASB can do up to 30 I/O modules and can support 32 Groups or 4 Racks. A rack is 8 groups.

A RSLogix5000 will only permit up to a full rack or 8 (I/O groups) on one ABS.

Add another ABS module under your 1756-RIO in your I/O tree and make it a full rack that will give 16 I/O groups.

You will have to configure multiple ABS modules in your I/O tree under the RIO to match your 1747-ABS settings.

You should check and see how the dip switches of the ASB is configured for I/O image then you have to set up your 1756-RIO and your ABS modules in your tree.

The modules in your CLX have to match the dip switch configuration in your ABS.

Last edited: