Slc 5/05 cpu ,1747-sn, 1747 asb

dineshdhav

hello genious
i have one slc cpu and with the slot of 1747-SN scanner module. and it is connected in to 2 slaves by 1747 ASB modules with connected 6 input and 4 output discrete modules... this is running fine.
now, i want to add 1 input and 1 output modules in one of the ASB module
but, i don't know how it is communicating and working ..i also reffered 1747 ASB and SN manuales .and they are programmed using BTR/BTW Instructions

please any one simply said for this solution

thanks advance

If they're not analog input/output modules or any other specialty module, they won't need block transfers. You may need to change SW3-8 on the ASB to get it to recognize the new IO in your rack.

Are you adding the new modules to an existing chassis or are you adding a new chassis. Of course that would require an additional 1747-ASB module as well.

One of the tricky settings on the ASB module is that you must specify how many I/O groups the ASB module will require. Adding two modules may require that you increase the number of I/O groups. This would also require a (program) change for the 1747-SN module to tell it the rack size for that ASB.

This gets tricky because you will need to know the addressing mode (1-slot, 2-slot, or 1/2-slot). This is configured by the dip switch settings on the ASB module.

If you have trouble with these changes, let us know, and please include details such as the size of the chassis and the dip switch settings for the ASB module. If you have two ASB modules, please include those same settings for the other one as well. Even though it is a separate chassis, we don't want to cause a conflict.

OG