1756 DHRIO / 1759 ENBT config

krakenfan69

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys. I'm working on a DH+ system that has RSView32 , PV550 and a PLC5 connected to it. I am adding a ML1400 that messages through Trio radios to 2 ML1100's on RTU's. I want to be able to have the RSView32 read the bits directly for alarming from the ML1400. The ML1400 (192.168.20.12) has all the info I need and so I don't need to "see" the ML1100's. I have set up a CLX chassis with a 1759-DHRIO (node10) and a 1759-ENBT (192.168.20.13) to bridge these networks. From the View32 computer I can see the DHRIO card, drill into it and see the Ethernet card, but I cant see the ML1400 on the other side of it. The ML1400, TRIO, 1756-ENBT are all connected via a Wiedmuller switch. In the ENBT I set it's IP address and the Network mask to 255.255.255.0. Do I need to set up a primary server or secondary server? I haven't entered the IP of the target ML anywhere I assumed it would find it through the switch after looking through the ENBT.

What am I doing wrong? o_O

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

How exactly is the RSView32 computer physically connected to the network ? From what you described, I think it's connected only to the DH+ using a 1784-PKTX or similar interface card.

Is RSView32 using a 'direct driver', or is it using OPC via RSLinx Classic ?

In RSLinx Classic, right-click on the 1756-ENBT module and select "Configure Driver". That should give you a list of 'remote IP addresses' that RSLinx can browse on that Ethernet network. Add the MicroLogix 1400's address to that list.

Thanks for the quick reply. (I'm still on site) The View 32 is connected via PKTX as you guessed. It is using a direct driver. In classic when I right click on the ENBT and select configure driver from the View32 computer's Linx I only get the option to configure the current PKTX driver and no list to add the ip into.

Kraken Fan #69

I'm not familiar enough with the RSView32 Direct Driver to say how it could be configured to make this trip through the DHRIO to the ENBT. Maybe it could use 'Remote DH+' and the routing table in the 1756-DHRIO.

Since you don't get the same configuration menu in RSLinx Classic, maybe doing this over DH+ doesn't give you the same functions as doing it over a pure CIP network like EtherNet/IP or ControlNet.

UPDATE: I was finally able to get my RSView project to "see" my ML1400. It involved adding a new topic that pointed to the ML1400 in LINX and then assigning the tags I was wanting to monitor to use that driver. I also had to browse to the ENBT adapter then right click to add the target device's IP address to the routing table. I believe this is what Ken was eluding to and it finally sunk in. (a call to RA Tech didn't hurt things either)

So in the end I was able to get the RSView to go out on a PKTX card onto the DH+ network and find my Compact Logix chassis with a DHRIO card then through the backplane to the installed ENBT ethernet adapter then to a switch then to the ML1400. Whew! Clearly the site could use an upgrade but as you are all aware they never want to spend the money for that but then complain when adding item like this take awhile to configure...

Thanks for the help Ken!!

Kraken Fan #69